Saturday, January 27, 2007

Spectator positioning

I expect there will be a lot of family and friends out and about on the course cheering Nambanners on.  Just thought I would let you know that my wife and kids plan to watch from Hibiya Park.  There are a number of places like this where spectators should be able see the runners go past twice, such as anywhere along the leg from Hibiya to Shinagawa, or Ginza to Asakusa.  In fact you could quite easily watch your favourite runner go past the palace, then walk slowly over to Ginza and watch them twice again.  My wife has the kids though, so will probably just stay around Hibiya park where they can play.  If anyone else wants to join, just let me know. 

Phil

2 comments:

Jay said...

Having just been a spectator at Honolulu Marathon with its 30,000 runners (and even Shinjuku Half this weekend), I thought I should note how challenging it can be to spot people in what will be a very crowded field.

I assume the Tokyo course will always be on the left side of the road?

If we wish support crew to see you, it is wise to coordinate which side they will be on. I was counting on a large Namban support team, but I guess everyone is running.

Nambanners said...

After we return to Ginza from Shinagawa, we have to turn right. So we have to be on the right side of the road. So I guess we have to be on the right going down to Shinagawa also. Does that make sense? Maybe we won't know until we get our information packets. And maybe we won't know until we are out on the course...although I suppose we can ask when we pick up the packets.

There will be a few people on the course. Yoshiko and Taizo, Yukari, Ken, other wives/husbands/boy/girlfriends...
Bob