Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Welcome

This is it. The Namban Group Blog. The list is for short, sweet informative posts. This is a space where we can be more discursive, share more. I hope that all you need to know on how to post and comment is in the mail I sent to the list, if not let me know.

I hope this is useful for all of us. If not, we can lose it.

By the way. This is not mine. Anybody, everybody, is welcome to refine the design, add links and things--running-related links would be a good start.

Gareth

2 comments:

zihuatanejo said...

Conglats on having a nice blog to share info and thinking whatever we all of us want to discuss and just chatting.

Satohi

Stephen Lacey said...

Yes, it is a great initiative. However, I will be surprised if we actually do get off our collective backside and make use of its potential. I think there are just too many people who have not come to terms with the fact that the Internet is now something you participate in and contribute to rather than just look at. Or maybe they just don't share my gregarious, "look-at-me" approach to life. My Internet habits have done nothing short of go through a revolution over the past two years. Moving to Firefox with multiple tabbed home pages, switching to Gmail, running a blog, subscribing to blog and podcast feeds through Bloglines, using Google calendar and sharing Google spreadsheets on-line with others, and I could probably be considered a light user of Web 2.0. The only problem is that there is just too much to do that I find I easily waste time on it. Like now. maybe everyone else is just more disciplined than me.