What kind of shoes will you choose for Tokyo Marathon?
Of course I know that a decision of your shoes for the race depends on your skill and your body condition.
Well, let me change a style of my question.
If you find a problem of your shoes in last minutes, two weeks before a marathon race, what would you solve that problem?
Are you going to change the shoes to another new one?
I'm looking forward to participating in Tokyo marathon as well as elite runners.
My level of running is indifferent, no, low at the moment, therefore I tried to run a lot last two months.
As one of my strategy, I changed a shoes last months, but unfortunately for me, the new shoes (a sole is quite flat type, which I've never used) doesn't work for me.
The new shoes caused a terrible blister, knee pain and some serious cramps.
Do you think this problem is from my sudden intense workout of last two months?
Unfortunately my former (favorite) shoes are worn-out.
If you have a problem like me, what would you do last two weeks for the marathon?
Chiba
Monday, February 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Chiba-san,
I would definitely recommend wearing the most comfortable pair of shoes you own. In your case that may mean going back to the brand or type you wore before latest pair. Only wear shoes you know that you can trust for a half marathon or more. My "equipment failure" during my caused the most intense pain and severe running injury I have ever had. And it very likel cost me a PB. I recommend going for comfort and security above all else.
Chiba-san,
So you have a pair that you like but are worn out and a pair that doesn't provide enough support and cushioning for a whole marathon. I think you should go get a new pair that are like the old ones that are worn out. Wear them for the next two weeks, hopefully they won't give you any problems.
AZ
Well, in your case I'd go back to the worn out pair for the marathon. It's too little time to break in a new pair and it's not worth taking the risk to run in a pair that already gave you a hard time. A good advice for the future is to always have 5-7 pairs in use so that in case your favourite shoe drops out you still have a well worn in 2nd best pair at hand. Even with 5-7 pairs, you'll find out that you only use 3 pairs regularly and save the others for important events - but you know how good the ones are that you save! Then keep refreshing your shoe park consistenly, that is throw old or bad pairs away and try out new ones. Being a runner is a lifelong search for shoes - never give up on it! Ingo
Chiba,
Get new shoes. I did that just last week. Bought then Saturday, did 35k in them on Sunday and 12k yesterday. No problems so far.
I know Ingo mentions breaking in, but if you have the right shoe for your foot, I think breaking in is not a consideration. These days, I am never aware of breaking in shoes, they are always good to go right from the beginning. (I do agree wholeheartedly with his other point of having multiple pairs of shoes.)
So get some new shoes, shoes that fit, wear them for all your runs prior to the marathon.
Gareth
Dear all,
Thank you for your valued suggestions. I bought a new shoes (still Nike) this Monday. That type of shoes is similar to my former one (worn out already). After wearing these shoes last night at a track, I could take back my strength a little bit again. Well, I learned a lot from it this time. A choice of a right gear is most important for any runner.
Chiba
Post a Comment